Interviewee: 1-02
Page #: 5
Quote:
AM: so when you go [to China]…how is it?
1-02: Um yeah, I definitely feel different. Treatment definitely differs with who I’m with and where I am. So like, if I’m in a place with a bunch of foreigners, it’s better, than like, a place without a whole bunch of foreigners. Like…. I’m bigger…than a lot of Aisans? So like, that’s one of the things they’ll immediately mention. They’ll know that I’m not Chinese. Cuz my attitude, my walk (emphasis), my clothing? Cuz like here in the states they dress like, a lot more comfortably, but in China, they dress to like…dress. And so I remember when I got to the airport in like, 2006, my aunts were like, “okay, we’re going shopping!” like, hahaha. I was just…transformed. Hahhaa. I’m still not transformed enough to pass as a complete “Chinese.” Haha.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.