Interviewee: 1-04
Page #: 4
Quote:
I’ve been to HK and Taiwan a couple of times. Yep. I felt very…when I was in elementary school and things like that, I was not very…like, ‘pro-Asian.’ I grew up in a white area, my whole life, like, I was basically white, but there was always something off…like my black hair maybe. [...] Yeah, so I grew up in a very white community, speaking English my whole life, like, my parents and grandparents are Chinese and stuff, but that wasn’t a dominant part of my life growing up. So…it was interesting to go back to Taiwan and HK where everything’s so Asian and I couldn’t read any of the signs and stuff. And I understood people but it was like, oh this is like a family thing, you know, it’s not like this is me. Now, I feel more interested in going back there and things like that on my own. Like, I would go to HK or TW to study, not just to see family.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.