Sunday, May 3, 2009

Interviewee: 1-05
Page #: 2
Quote:

AM: what kind of foods did you eat when you were growing up?
1-05: Asian food. All the time. They would either cook at the restaurant and bring it home or cook at home, but it was always Asian food. That was up until middle school. Then, we started having money, so my mom would take me out to eat after school. My mom thought just because we could afford it, I would like it better that way. To kinda make up for what we didn’t have when I was younger. But it was just me. My mom would pick me up after school to take me to a restaurant to eat, and she’d watch me eat. She wouldn’t eat. And then we’d go home. We’d go places like Lone Star CafĂ©, that’s in Austin. Olive Garden. That’s really what I remember. My parents always cook at home because they don’t like American food. My dad will bring ramen when he travels, because he doesn’t like American food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.