Interviewee: 2-02
Page #: 12
Quote:
So, that Chinese New Year, we went to my mom’s – my granddad – my mom’s dad’s burial place since he had passed away just like two years ago, and my mom hadn’t been able to go back, so we went there. Yeah. That’s probably the most distinct memory I have of Chinese New Year
DL: Okay. What did you think of the whole grave site thing?
2-02: It was really sad for me. I did not know my mom’s dad, because I left when I was, like, almost 2, so I have no memories of China. And, he passed away within like 2 years – he passed away when I was in fourth grade, so I had no idea – I did not know him. So… but I actually felt bad because I couldn’t – I mean, I felt sad. I felt bad because I had no memories of him – not like my cousins that were there also, so….
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.