Monday, May 4, 2009

Interviewee: 2-02
Page #: 17
Quote:

2-02: My ethnicity is Asian – Chinese.

2-02: Yeah. Just because I – well, if you say Asian – I’ve just grown up – if you say Asian, they’re like “Oh, where in Asia?” “China.” So, I just skip right to the point: Chinese. It’s nothing, uh… If on a survey, it’s Asian – Asian, you know? It just comes more naturally to say Chinese, because it’s just habit to be specific. I actually don’t think there’s much different culturally between uh… Chinese, Koreans, Japanese… It’s like… besides language. I mean, you know, your values are the same… the family system is very similar, I think – I don’t know about Koreans as much, because I don’t really know much about it…. But I mean, so I think they’re all pretty similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.