Monday, May 4, 2009

Interviewee: 2-02
Page #: 9
Quote:

2-02: It’s something I want to have. I honestly wish I spoke Chinese better. It sucks that I can understand most everything that’s being said, like probably 80-90% of spoken Chinese I can understand. But, it’s just hard for me to speak Chinese.

2-02: Yeah, I cannot speak Chinese. I either speak it slow, or I’m just not confident enough to speak it, and so I just won’t speak it. But, it’s something that I aim for.

2-02: I guess it’s mostly confidence, because, I mean, when I was taking Chinese class here, I could rant on and on about a subject if I knew what I was talking about. But, it’s like – I know, with my cousins, I will get made fun of – I do get made fun of if I speak bad. And, like, especially since a couple of my friends – they left China after me, so they know Chinese more – it just makes it kind of embarrassing, like, when you speak to your friends and just mess up completely. I guess it’s probably 60% confidence, 40% just not knowing how to phrase stuff sometimes.

2-02: But, it’s something I want to do. I want to do better in Chinese

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.