Monday, May 4, 2009

Interviewee: 2-04
Page #: 16
Quote:

But… yeah. I really don’t like FOBs that much. They’re just – they don’t even try.
DL: Can you describe FOBs more to me? Like, explain what it is?
2-04: Well, you know, it means “Fresh of the boat,” which is a terrible term – or, if you’re Korean, fresh off the bihenggi, which means “plane” in Korean. I mean, there’s just very distinct – like, their English sucks, or, fashion I can only describe as “FOB-y” fashion. Like, you see them and you know they’re not from America, that kind of fashion. Like, they dress well, it’s just not American style. And they only speak in Korean, they only hung out with Korean people… conspicuously. I wouldn’t say that white people made fun of them, because I went to a nice high school, but I definitely had remarks made to me about that Asian group, you know. And they’re just… I dunno. I just don’t like people who don’t try. Like, there are some FOBs that, legit, became friends with white people and to me that’s great, like I respect you. But for those who are just stuck in their own comfort and security, like, I have no respect for. And there’s another incident that’s more personal, involving me getting into a car accident with one of the FOBs, but that’s not related to Asians in general, that’s just me personally hating them. That’s just me being bitter, I guess, but…. Yeah, FOBs. FOBs, FOBs, FOBs, FOBs, FOBs. Strange group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.