Interviewee: 2-04
Page #: 6
Quote:
So, [my grandmother] was essentially my mom. And, like, we got along really well when I was younger, but again, you know, puberty and middle school and high school was when we really clashed. And I was, you know, just ‘cause she was all old school Asian, and I was all like “Oh know, identity crisis! Asian American!” Like, it would be like – oh God – if a boy called, and he would just be asking about homework, she would, like, freak out and be like, “Who is this boy?” – Obviously this is all in Korean – “What does he want? Blah blah blah,” and I’m just like, “Grandma, he just wants homework!” And it sucks if they could understand Korean – like, the person on the phone? Because they’re just like “Ah, what is going on!” And she’s still, like, really against – she’s always just like, “Be really suspicious of boys,” like “Never trust a boy,” and like “Don’t go out at night!”
Monday, May 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.