Interviewee: 1-02
Page #: 10
Quote:
AM: Ohhhh. That’s so interesting. Okay…so last question. Of all of the things that we’ve discussed, can you think of any important moments that spurred your formation of your identity?
1-02: ummmmmm….i guess it didn’t completely form until I got to college. [...] when I went to high school, I was very much like “I’m Chinese” but not Chinese-American, you know? And so when I would do presentations and stuff I would do things on China because I could bring things from home to display and yeah. I guess at that point I was more like “I’m Chinese.” And then I came to college and met a lot more Chinese-American people. [...] I came here and took Chinese and really got into CSO and stuff like that…like, I guess I kinda realized where I should be in the overarching American society, so I’m Chinese, but I don’t want to pass myself off as full Chinese because I’m still American, and then so I started calling myself as Chinese-American. And then doing culture and stuff like that, that was really good.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.