Interviewee: 1-02
Page #: 4
Quote:
I think [bilingualism] hinders your ability to improve in either language. Because like, I go home, and I speak Chinese…so your English kind of goes down hill. Or I go to China. When I come back…and it takes me awhile to get fluent again. And my Chinese…like, I’m at school now. I don’t really use Chinese that much here and I’m not really improving. I guess. But it’s kind of good when you’re looking for jobs. I really feel like my English vocabulary is affected because of that. I mean, I can’t…I know some families, especially if their parents are educated, they have like really advanced vocabularies. I’m like, I’ve only seen those words in a book or something.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.