Sunday, May 3, 2009

Interviewee: 1-03
Page #: 8
Quote:

I mean, everything formed my identity. So, it’s hard to point out a specific occasion. I mean, but I can tell you about when I was made aware. I mean, this is kind of funny because I was made most aware when I was in China. Because everybody would be so curious as to what I was? Because they could tell that I wasn’t Chinese, but they were also very much like, what are you?? One cab driver, like, one time was like, your parents have a problem. Hahahha. And I mean, Katie was so offended. Haha. She was like, am I understanding this right? I mean, it was a very short cab ride, from the Wu (a main intersection near their apartment) to our apartment, so thank god. Yeah, so that’s when I’ve been most aware of it, in China, when they’d always be like sooo…are you Korean? Are you …. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.