Interviewee: 1-05
Page #: 8
Quote:
It’s like when you are filling out a questionnare and it asks what race you are, it’s not asking “what race do you feel like?” It’s not like, I feel white, but I’m actually Asian, or something…hahaha. I mean, I guess if it asked that, I would say I feel white but I look Asian. But it’s like, Asian, Black, Hispanice, White, or other. You know? I mean, I guess it depends on the day. Sometimes I feel more Asian and sometimes I feel more white. I think it changes. Sometimes I want to be this person, sometimes I want to be another person. I honestly don’t know how to figure out what it means to be Asian American, or what it means to be American.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.