Sunday, May 3, 2009

Interviewee: 1-05
Page #: 9
Quote:

For me, the hard part about figuring this out is what it means to be American. I mean, they call it the melting pot. I mean, I guess you could use words like ‘individualistic’ and ‘free’ and incorporate like power distance and all that stuff. But what does that say about culture? Like…I feel like all culture that comes to America just dies. So then, what do you call this new thing that appears, you know? I mean, all the Italians, and French and Japanese and Chinese…I mean they all mix and the heritage just kind of ends. What is this newborn culture that we have? We call it “American,” but my American culture with you is different from Ryan’s “American” culture with his future girlfriend. So you can’t really say what it means to be American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.