Interviewee: 1-03
Page #: 5
Quote:
AM: you didn’t go to like…weekend school for Thai and stuff?
1-03: Ummm I don’t know if we have a weekend Thai school, but one summer I went to Thai School. I hated it. Because it was in the summer. And we would learn a little bit, like the alphabet and stuff, and how to say words, but I don’t really remember. Which is really bad, I should remember. I mean, none of it really stuck, but I just remember that all the girls had to practice some dance performance, but all the boys apparently had very minor parts in this show, and so they got to run around and play outside, and I remember sitting in this room, and looking outside, and watch the boys and the younger girls play outside. But the older girls had to sit inside and learn these dance moves. I was upset. I did not enjoy it. So we did not go back the next summer. In the end, actually, we actually have a picture. Like, I’m very dressed up in like a sarong and tights…and I don’t know…and my hair’s like in a tight bun and…. I’ll have to show it to you. It’s in my room. I showed it to Katie Burch and she was just like, that does NOT look like you…you look very Asian there. Hahahhaha. I don’t remember doing the actual dance. Nope. Not at all. I was like 7 or 8, like not too old. I was just…NOT happy.
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.