Monday, May 4, 2009

Interviewee: 2-04
Page #: 11
Quote:

DL: Okay. What do you think of Bilingualism?
2-04: Like, “Is it a good thing or a bad thing”?
DL: You know, have you ever thought of your own – like, you speak Korean, right?
2-04: Yeah. Which is funny, because nobody on this campus thinks that I can speak Korean. Like, all the people I talk to who are Korean are just like “What? You know how to speak Korean?” I was just like “Yes, I understand it, I can speak it, I can read it, I can write it, but my spelling is really terrible because I don’t generally write in Korean. Because I had to go to Korean school since I was like… really young, and I stopped in middle school because it sucked. Like, no kid wants to spend their Saturday learning Korean, right? Or like summer school Korean. I mean it was fun because you got to hang out with your friends, but at the same time it was like school on Saturday, oh hell no! But I mean, I think it’s good to have. I think it’s actually really sad when Korean kids don’t know Korean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.